re: Problem with syscall_disestablish() - PR kern/50430

Martin Husemann writes:
> On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 05:48:17PM +1100, matthew green wrote:
> > it also slows down normal operation adding branches and data access
> > to the call path of every system call.  and bloats struct lwp and
> > more.
>
> At least all operations on the syscall pathes need to be #ifdef MODULAR.
>
> How about just disabling all unloading for modules that ever used
> syscall_establish() instead?

... or disable autounload by default anyway, because it's mostly a
way to make my system slow.  i'm not sure i would go all the way
and simply remove support for it completely, but i'd really much
rather it wasn't triggered in a normal system.  the unload, and
then reload, slow down the running of my apps, for no real benefit
as an end user.  there is benefit for kernel developers, but those
people can break the system in much more interesting ways, including
asking for the unload manually when it's time to test something.

.mrg.