Re: spiflash.c process_write()

On Tue, Sep 08, 2015 at 06:12:11AM +0000, David Holland wrote:
> As noted in passing elsewhere, it seems that process_write() in
> spiflash.c allocates a scratch buffer on every call... and leaks it on
> every call too. This clearly isn't a good thing.

My recollection is fuzzy, now, but I think that that was written to
support the Meraki Mini.  ISTR NOR-flash writing was never tested on
the Mini (maybe not anywhere?).  A misplaced/corrupted write to the
NOR Flash could have bricked the Mini, and there was a limited supply
available for testing!

I think I have a Mini or two around here, somewhere.  I can make one
available with serial console and outlet control, if somebody has an
urge to test it out.

Dave

--
David Young