Re: 2*(void *) atomic swap?

On Sun, Aug 09, 2015 at 07:09:04PM +0000, David Holland wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 09, 2015 at 02:46:44PM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
>  > > Just for the archive, this effectively means Pentium+. There are
>  > > actually 486-class SMP systems.
>  >
>  > Heh.  There are 386-class SMP systems (including some massively parallel
>  > ones, some of which even ran open-source operating systems) too.
>  >
>  > We don't run on any of them.
>
> Clearly we should bring back 80386 support so we can run on those
> Sequent boxes... ;-)

Of course you've got to keep in mind that "massively parallel" is
a relative thing, too. ;-)

--
  Thor Lancelot Simon	                                     tls%panix.com@localhost

  "We cannot usually in social life pursue a single value or a single moral
   aim, untroubled by the need to compromise with others."      - H.L.A. Hart