Re: kgdb on amd64

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 05:50:41PM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> >> The reason kgdb wasn't working all this time on amd64 is that GETC()
> >> returns -1 immediately whether or not a character is available =>
> >> all of kgdb's checksums fail due to the extra "-1" characters.
Wow, seems like we analyzed the same bug simultaneously (see my "KGDB/i386 broken/supposed to work?" mails).

FWIW, I independently came to the same conclusion (see the "KGDB/i386 broken/supposed to work?" mails) with an almost identical "fix", except for the stray
> +		continue;

(Writing this just so we can avoid further duplication of effort)

Cheers,
Timo Buhrmester