Re: 82801G_HDA in hdaudiodevs

On 14/06/15 13:06, Robert Millan wrote:
El 14/06/15 a les 14:17, Antti Kantee ha escrit:
While on the subject, I've also noticed that the hdaudio driver
doesn't work under qemu or virtualbox, not sure if it's as simple as
adding something to hdaudiodevs or if something more profound
required.  (It's not really a problem with emulators, though, since I
just use the ac97 device).

Noticed that, too.

Judging by the difficulties in making auich(8) Rump-friendly on emulated
hardware,
I suspect other drivers are highly likely to be affected by similar
problems.

My guess is on a different class of problem, because:

1) hdaudio works in a rump kernel on real hardware
2) hdaudio doesn't work on a regular NetBSD installation under qemu (and probably virtualbox too, though I didn't test with virtualbox)