Re: Removing ARCNET stuffs

David Holland skrev den 2015-06-08 19:06:
On Mon, Jun 08, 2015 at 04:15:15PM +0200, Anders Magnusson wrote:
  >> printfing from the back of the front end is definitely "totally wrong
  >> in other ways that need to be rectified first" :(
  > Hm, I may be missing something, but what is wrong?
  > Where should you print it out otherwise?

I would say the debug information ought to be attached to the
representation nodes it describes as it moves through the backend;
otherwise it's easily upset by fairly simple transformations.

It's simpler than that :-)

Debug info for all data declarations etc are printed out when found,
so are the declarations themselves.  No reason to keep them.

Debug info for code follows the code itself. This is necessary, since
the debug info must follow the reference to a place in the code stream,
otherwise the debug info might refer to a label that is optimized away
which is not acceptable by the assembler :-)

-- Ragge