Re: Groff

On Thu, Jun 04, 2015 at 11:44:25AM +0100, Robert Swindells wrote:

> Johnny Billquist <bqt%softjar.se@localhost> wrote:
> >
> >What happened to the original roff? I mean, groff is just a gnu
> >replacement for roff. Maybe switch back to the original?
>
> The sources to all of DWB are available from AT&T:
>
> <http://www2.research.att.com/~astopen/download/>
>
> It needs a bit of work to get it to build on NetBSD though.

FWIW, to show that I'm not a sectarist: John Hobby derived MetaPost from
METAFONT for drawing pictures. For text, it uses TeX but can also use
roff. The roff support is still there in kerTeX. So MetaPost can also be
used to generate PS figures with roff text formatted.
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                     http://www.arts-po.fr/