Re: Missing rump_kthread_destroy() ?

On 19/04/15 07:40, Paul Goyette wrote:
In my on-going efforts to further modularize the NetBSD kernel, I'm
currently prying apart the pieces of sysmon...

One of those pieces would be sysmon_taskq, which provides a lwp
environment to execute callouts.  In the sysmon_taskq_init() routine
there is a call to kthread_create(), so it would seem reasonable that
sysmon_taskq_fini() would call kthread_destroy().

Unfortunately, when building rump_allserver I discover that there is no
rump emulation for kthread_destroy().  There is _create(), _join(),
_exit(), and _init(), but no _destroy().

Is there a reason for not providing kthread_desetroy()?  How difficult
would it be to add it?

The right thing to use is kthread_exit().

I don't see why kthread_destroy() needs to be in the public API at all. I'd just remove it.