Re: CVS commit: src/distrib/common/bootimage

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 11:39:44AM +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> > No, you should not randomly add the expensive ptyfs code to INSTALL kernels
> > you can not test yourself. Everything else above is fine, as long as sysinst
> > is silent on ptyfs failure when the compat ipty nodes are available.
>
> Huh? I fully agree with Christos that we *should* move to ptyfs. As
> such, problems mounting it should *not* be silent.

What is so unclear about "INSTALL kernels you can not test yourself" ?

And if for some reason the INSTALL kernel in question did NOT choose to
include ptyfs, but the device setup steff properly creates the old style
pty nodes, complaining about anything would be extremely stupid.

Martin