Re: Removal of compat-FreeBSD

   Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 20:24:19 +0100
   From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost>

   On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 09:26:48AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
   > Our norms for significant changes are more or less about consensus or
   > preponderance of opinion.  So far you've said that you want to
   > remove/disable this, and a number of people have said they use it.

   I have asked the same question a long time ago when we pruned a bunch of
   other obsolete emulations. From a security stand point, I fully agree
   with Maxime.

Agree with gdt@ on protocol and with joerg@ and maxv@ on security.
Removal from GENERIC, but not src yet, sounds good to me, especially
if COMPAT_FREEBSD can be invoked from userland without privileges.