Re: Interrupt storm mitigation needed

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> writes:

> Can you add a counter to uhci.c line 1317? The question for me is
> whether the device is creating interrupts without actually setting the
> status to anything different or if it does provide some notification but
> at a too high rate.

Well, that was an interesting experiment!  It is, indeed, hitting the
"return" at that point.  In fact, many more times than the counters
showed by "vmstat -i" indicate.  Even when I'm not noticing any
problems, the return counter I installed climbs faster than the number
of interrupts shown for the ioapic pin, but over the course of a couple
of back-to-back, longish hangs, the vmstat counter increased by about a
half million, but my return counter jumped by about 23 million!

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"