Re: pm2fb driver

Hello,

On Sat, 13 Dec 2014 22:31:07 +0900
"Naruaki.Etomi" <nullnilaki%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> >I think that's not the actual drawing but copying glyphs within video
> >memory. Please disable the glyph cache in pm2fb_putchar_aa() like this:
>
> >-       rv = glyphcache_try(&sc->sc_gc, c, x, y, attr);
> >-       if (rv == GC_OK)
> >-               return;
> >+       rv = GC_NOPE;
>
> >This should draw every character every time instead of trying to cache
> >them in video memory. If that looks correct it's pm2fb_bitblt(), if
> >it's still wrong then host-to-vram blits are off ( which would be odd
> >since they operate pixel by pixel )
>
> I carry out a test according to your instructions.
>
> See:
> https://twitter.com/nullnilaki/status/543746082056855553
> https://twitter.com/nullnilaki/status/543746201854554112
>
> I was moved by how beautiful it was.

So it's pm2fb_bitblt().

> I think that all problem are solved!

Well, worked around at least. You will likely see errors when
characters are scrolled sideways ( like inserting / deleting characters
in a command line ), so this needs to be fixed properly. I'll look at
the xf86-video-glint driver again, after all it works on little endian
hardware.
I'll commit this as a temporary workaround.

> I will send that Christmas present to you within several days.

Thanks!

have fun
Michael