Re: Invalidate page cache

manu%netbsd.org@localhost (Emmanuel Dreyfus) wrote:
> Is there a way to invalidate the page cache of a given file, from
> userland? I understand fsync() will flush pending writes, but what about
> if we want to flush cached data?

Currently, there is no mechanism to flush the page cache.  If the
underlying vnode is destroyed, though, the page cache entry will be
removed.  So, if your files are unlinked, as a workaround you might
achieve the flush effect by setting kern.maxvnodes to a low value.

Generally, we should add an interface to flush the page cache since
it is useful for testing/benchmarking.

--
Mindaugas