Re: FFS: wrong superblock check ~> crash

   Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 16:53:59 +0000 (UTC)
   From: christos%astron.com@localhost (Christos Zoulas)

   In article <20141020155832.EA8AE605C2%jupiter.mumble.net@localhost>,
   Taylor R Campbell  <campbell+netbsd-tech-kern%mumble.net@localhost> wrote:
   >Continuing to run with a bogus file system is no good, but panicking
   >the kernel is worse.  If the kernel takes any drastic action beyond
   >merely returning an error, it should remount the file system
   >read-only.

   This is wishful thinking (unless we fix the current set of bugs
   that prevent us from doing so even in a healthy filesystem for example
   PR/30525). I would be happy if we could isolate the broken filesystem
   from all I/O operations instead of crashing.

Yes -- I meant that as a long-term (medium-term?) goal, not as
something we can just do right now.