Re: Re HDMI transmitter interface

   Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 08:53:04 +0200
   From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost>

   On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 07:15:00PM +0100, Robert Swindells wrote:
   > Had you considered using the drmkms code for this SoC ?

   No, I though drmkms was x86 only.

The generic drmkms code is MI.  The Intel graphics driver is x86-only
but only because Intel graphics is x86-only.  Currently radeon is
x86-only but only because there's no MI way to get bus_dma-safe pages
backing a uvm anonymous object -- if we fix that, it'll be MI.

   What is the licence of this code ? I think it's a case where it would be
   better to avoid the GPL.

If it's GPL, we can make kernel modules.