Re: HDMI transmitter attachement

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 09:27:39PM -0400, Michael wrote:
> I had a similar problem with the valkyriefb driver on macppc - the pixel
> clock generator is hooked to an i2c port controlled by cuda, nowhere
> near the actual fb's control registers. Got around it ( kinda ) by
> having a driver attach to the clock generator ( videopll at iic ... )
> and let valkyriefb look for it by name, assuming that there's only one
> since it's an onboard device. Maybe some MD, board-specific code should
> 'know' the wiring and pass the required info as device properties?

Yes, that's probably what I'll end up to do (I hope to be able to do it
from kernel config file, via options). In my case I noticed that the
tda19988 is not the only thing on this I2C bus, there's also the power
controller and an eeprom at last (and probablty more via capes).
So I ended up attaching it to iic, and I'll have a way for tifb to find
it and callback to it.