Re: USB 3.0 xhci questions

On 08/12/14 20:37, Ryo ONODERA wrote:
From: Takahiro HAYASHI <t.hash425%gmail.com@localhost>, Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014
02:14:43 +0900
[snip]
I have some questions.

1) Do you have PCI_INTR_FIXUP in your kernel config?

I had no PCI_INTR_FIXUP in kernel config.
I have added PCI_INTR_FIXUP to my kernel config, and no effects.

hmm..

2) Is the port enabled -- has XHCI_PS_PED in PORTSC?

All PORTSC is 0x2a0.
It means port is disabled?

Yes, disabled.

xHCI 1.1 section 5.4.8 PORTSC reg says 0x2a0 means
XHCI_PS_CCS = 0: device is not connected
XHCI_PS_PED = 0: port disabled
XHCI_PS_PLS = 0x5: Link is in the RxDetect state
XHCI_PS_PP = 1: not power-off state

RxDetect is the state after port warm reset.
In this state controller is waiting for device.

- xHCI specification 1.1
http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/technical-specifications/extensible-host-controler-interface-usb-xhci.pdf

--
t-hash