Re: Fixing the ELF priorities

Le 02/07/2014 07:01, David Holland a écrit :

> On Tue, Jul 01, 2014 at 07:38:33PM +0100, Justin Cormack wrote:
>  > FreeBSD recently (
>  > http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=264269 ) added
>  > elf header signature parsing to decide how to execute binaries (based
>  > on the Linux binfmt_misc). The main use case is for qemu emulation,
>  > but it could also apply to this type of issue. It is obviously a
>  > bigger change, but could be worth considering.
>
> Being able to automatically invoke a suitable emulator for user
> binaries of the wrong OS and/or architecture would be very helpful for
> crossbuilding difficult packages.

But this isn't related to the priority problem, right?

Perhaps I haven't been clear enough; the question is:

  - exec_elf32 is a module, and is enabled with EXEC_ELF32 (#define).
  - exec_elf32 (module) is dormant on 64bit systems.
  - linux32 and netbsd32 *don't need* exec_elf32 (module), but need
    EXEC_ELF32 (#define).
  - my plan is to keep EXEC_ELF32 defined on 64bit systems, but to disable
    exec_elf32 (module).
  - Problem: linux32 has exec_elf32 (module) as dependency.
  - Question: do I remove this dependency, given the fact that netbsd32
    too does not have it?