Re: ffsv2 extattr support

Hi,

> Mark Davies:
> >   back in Jan 2012 there was some discussion about ffsv2 extattr
> > support initiated by Manuel Bouyer.  What is the current state of
> > that?  Is there anything in Current?

Emmanuel Dreyfus:
> AFAIK extattr are only availabe in FFSv1, and userland tools sur as
> dump/restore/tar lack support for it, which means we cannot backup them.

In principle, my xorriso would be able to record and to restore
extattr and ACLs in ISO 9660 filesystems as SUSP entries. Currently
it is lacking the NetBSD functions to read and write them from
and to other filesystems.

I see there is a man page for extattr_get_file(2) et.al.
A FreeBSD implementation of the extattr interface is already existing
in libisofs. For a test i hacked the selection of conditional code and
it does at least compile on NetBSD.

So i would next need some instructions how to create a NetBSD
filesystem with extattr in order to verify that xorriso
properly records the attributes in its ISO 9660 filesystems
(as SUSP entries).
For restoring with extattr, one would have to employ xorriso
or implement AAIP in sys/fs/cd9660:
  http://libburnia-project.org/wiki/AAIP

Do i get it right that there is no ACL support in NetBSD ?
(At least there is no man page for acl_get_file().)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas