Re: Lockless IP input queue, the pktqueue interface

On Fri 30 May 2014 at 05:46:37 +1000, matthew green wrote:
> regardless of how brilliant developers are, i want my code to be
> written like this anyway.  it helps *everyone*.

Sometimes I say, on the topic of code, "if I don't understand it, it's
probably wrong". That's not because I'm so brilliant, but because code
should be clear enough to be understood by average programmers. Code is
twice as difficult to debug as to write (citation needed!). So if
somebody writes brilliantly complex code but it needs to be debugged
later, then nobody can do it.

And it is still possible that the reason that I don't understand some
piece of code is that the author had a mixed up thought process.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- The Doctor: No, 'eureka' is Greek for
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- 'this bath is too hot.'