Re: About a probable 32 bit ino_t bottleneck in cd9660_fhtovp()

   Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 21:42:59 +0200
   From: "Thomas Schmitt" <scdbackup%gmx.net@localhost>

   Is there a tutorial "Localhost NFS for Dummies" ?

Just set up /etc/exports (see `man exports') and get rpcbind, mountd,
and nfsd running:

/etc/rc.d/rpcbind onestart
/etc/rc.d/mountd onestart
/etc/rc.d/nfsd onestart

   During my assessment of the relation between struct iso_node and
   ISO 9660 File Sections, i came to the definition of the cd9660
   version of vsops struct fid.
   struct ifid is declared in cd9660_vfsops.c with comment
   "File handle to vnode":

     struct ifid {
           ushort  ifid_len;
           ushort  ifid_pad;
           int     ifid_ino;
           long    ifid_start;
     };

This is obviously no good.  I don't think these get stored anywhere
permanent, so it shouldn't be a problem to change int to ino_t.  The
ifid_start field seems to be unused, incidentally, so we needn't even
expand the size of cd9660 file handles.

As an aside, it seems from glancing at struct ufid in ufs/ufs/inode.h
that UFS will have a similar 32-bit overflow problem.