Re: Vnode API change: add global vnode cache

On 28 Apr 2014, at 17:29, Ilia Zykov <netbsd%izyk.ru@localhost> wrote:

>> First, one of the goals here is to have one table for all vnodes.
>>

> Allow me to disagree, what is advantage has only one table?
> I see only disadvantage.
> For instance:
> You mount more than one FSes, and one have hardware problem, bad sector ...
> Do You have also problems with other or only with one?

Other file systems are unaffected, if a fs node fails to load the
partially initialised vnode gets destroyed and we're done.  Loading
a node may only block other threads trying to load the same node.

Having per-mount tables would not change anything here.

--
J. Hannken-Illjes - hannken%eis.cs.tu-bs.de@localhost - TU Braunschweig
(Germany)