Re: cprng_fast implementation benchmarks

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 03:30:09PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 09:16:33AM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> > [...]
> > Do we still have a compile-time way to check if the kernel (or port) is
> > uniprocessor only?  If so we should probably #ifdef away the percpu calls
> > in such kernels, which are probably for slower hardware anyway.
>
> AFAIK options MULTIPROCESSOR is still here

Do the percpu() calls collapse out for non-MULTIPROCESSOR kernels?

In any case you'd want to do what is done with some of the mutex code.
ie overwrite the code of the SMP version with that of the
uniprocessor one if the current system only has one cpu.

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost