Re: Vnode API change: add global vnode cache

On Sun, Apr 06, 2014 at 12:14:24PM +0200, J. Hannken-Illjes wrote:
 > Currently all file systems have to implement their own cache of
 > vnode / fs node pairs.  Most file systems use a copy and pasted
 > version of ufs_ihash.
 >
 > So add a global vnode cache with lookup and remove:

Heh, would you like the rest of my todo list? :-)

one surface comment:

 > /*
 >  * Read an inode from disk and initialize this vnode / inode pair.
 >  * Caller assures no other thread will try to load this inode.
 >  */
 > int
 > vfs_load_node(struct mount *mp, struct vnode *vp,
 >     const void *key, size_t key_len, void **new_key)

Can we call this vn_load, or vncache_load, or vncache_enter, or
something of the sort that's more consistent with the rest of the
extant naming?

I will try to look at the diff later...

--
David A. Holland