Re: asymmetric smp

On 2014-04-02 16:10, John Nemeth wrote:
On Apr 2,  1:55pm, Johnny Billquist wrote:
} The root fs in on nfs, as I'm running the machine diskless. Disk is
} served from a -current NetBSD/alpha system sitting right next to it. And
} I have changed the Alpha to run at 10 MB/s half duplex, and I have 2k
} block size for NFS. Login is obviously already running, since that is
} what also prompts for the username, and doing it twice should even put
} some stuff in local cache.

      Uh, actually getty does the initial prompt for username on
the console.  After collecting the username, getty execs login.

Hmm. My mistake in that case. So we have image activation at that point. Hmm...

Thanks for pointing it out.

        Johnny