Re: Enhance ptyfs to handle multiple instances.

> | I have few questions about project.
> | Christos, can I ask you about this?
> | Please, if anybody has objections or already doing it, tell me know.
>
> Nobody is already doing it, and if you have questions, you came to the right
> place.
>
> christos

Ok.

1. The main problem and question in this project(IMHO), it's how get access for
every instance through one driver ptm[x].
        First version.
We can do it as well "Linux devpts" do. Inside every ptyfs we can create not
only slave side files,
but ptm[x] too for this instance. But who must create(kernel mount function or
userspace helper) and what permissions will assign?
        One more version.
We can do many ptm[x] minor numbers(165:0 165:1 for first instance, 165:2 165:3
for second ...) this can be anywhere in fs.
But then for every mount we must pass for what instance it's mount doing. We
can do it with new mount option "instance=#"(for example).
Every version has advantages and disadvantage. I think first version more
clear. What do you think?

2. Mount without new option "minstance"(for example) must keep old behavior. Is
it necessarily?
Or every new mount will mount new instance?

Thank you.
Ilya.