Re: rototilling the vnode life cycle

On Feb 28, 2014, at 5:41 PM, Taylor R Campbell
<campbell+netbsd-tech-kern%mumble.net@localhost> wrote:
<snip>

>>  Vrecycle() has to change -- I'm currently working on it.
>>
>> What is it supposed to do?  I don't understand from the man page
>> description or the uses in-tree.
>
>   While the name is bad it gets rid of inactive vnodes while cleaning
>   up a file system during unmount or reload after fsck.
>
> Why do we do vrecycle and not just vrevoke?

Vrecycle is a noop on active vnodes while vrevoke (suppose you meant
vgone here) will kill every vnode be it inactive or not.  Therefore
only forced unmount for example will fall through to vgone.

--
J. Hannken-Illjes - hannken%eis.cs.tu-bs.de@localhost - TU Braunschweig
(Germany)