Re: Vnode API change: VOP_LOCK

On Feb 21, 2014, at 1:06 PM, Thomas Klausner <wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:

<snip>

> I wanted to understand what you're describing here, but I don't know
> what deadfs is, and "apropos deadfs" only pointed to hier(7). Could
> someone please describe it, at best in a manpage? (I'm happy to help
> with formatting.)

Deadfs is a pseudo file system for vnodes no longer attached to a
real file system, they either are inactive and have been reclaimed
or a forced unmount or revoke reclaimed them from their file system.

These nodes still need an operations vector and this vector is deadfs.

--
J. Hannken-Illjes - hannken%eis.cs.tu-bs.de@localhost - TU Braunschweig
(Germany)