Re: Closing a serial device takes one second

On Feb 6,  1:22pm, Dennis Ferguson wrote:
} On 6 Feb, 2014, at 12:18 , Marc Balmer <marc%msys.ch@localhost> wrote:
} > Actually the one second delay is wrong.  If you want to de-assert DTR
} > for a modem to hangup, then do it in the application.
}
} You've clearly not run a bank of dial-in/out modems on a multiuser

      That's why Telebit Netblazers and Livingston Portmasters were
invented.

} I'm personally undisturbed by removing it, rather than fixing it, only
} because I don't know anyone who still uses dialup modems like that and
} I only remember this because I am old.  For the things I do use serial

     Does mentioning equipment from long dead companies make me old?

}-- End of excerpt from Dennis Ferguson