Re: Closing a serial device takes one second

On Thu, 6 Feb 2014 20:24:52 +0100
Marc Balmer <marc%msys.ch@localhost> wrote:
> If, at all, the application using the driver should sleep for one
> second after closing the device before reopening it.

Not that I care too much about modems these days, but rather than
taking the risk to break it for someone who needs it, why don't
you just clear the HUPCL flag as part of terminal setup in
your application? AFAIK this is POSIX, so it should be portable.

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich