Re: Vnode API change: VOP_LOOKUP

   Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 17:16:18 +0100
   From: "J. Hannken-Illjes" <hannken%eis.cs.tu-bs.de@localhost>

   On Feb 6, 2014, at 4:52 PM, Taylor R Campbell
<campbell+netbsd-tech-kern%mumble.net@localhost> wrote:

   > One more question:  Are you planning to change relookup to return the
   > result unlocked, too?  That will enable us to get rid of some ick in
   > genfs_rename users.

   I have no plans to do it -- I'm not even sure I want to touch any
   rename operation :-)

Heh, OK!  I guess dh or I will take care of that when we do next do
some namei or rename rototilling.  It will just let us get rid of an
extraneous lock/unlock cycle when looking up each child in rename.
(The other callers of relookup can just do a vn_lock right afterward.)