Re: SCSI sense

Edgar Fuß <ef%math.uni-bonn.de@localhost> wrote:

> The topmost bi is the Valid flag indicating the information in the INFORMATION
> field (bytes 3-6) is valid.
> You'll have to look uo in the manual of your SCSI streamer to find out
> what that 7FC4E means. It may be some residue in bytes. Maybe you got confused
> by the SCSI sequential access devices being addressed in bytes or blocks
> depending on I-forgot-what-exactly.

I noticed that the only READ(6) request that was causing a hard failure
was the one where the SILI bit was not set. I tried forcing it and now
ltfs mounts the volume.

Unfortunately the kernel crashes on first open() on the filesystem, but
this is likely to be a NetBSD kernel problem.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz