Re: BPF memstore and bpf_validate_ext()

Sorry for top-posting. I'm replying from my phone.

I've not looked at linux bpf before. I remember taking a quick look at
bpf_jit_compile function but I didn't like emitting binary machine code with
macro commands.

I spent few minutes today looking at linux code and I noticed few interesting

- They use negative offsets to access auxiliary data. So, there is a clear
distinction between local memory store and external data. I don't think it's a
new addition, though.
- They have a big enum of commands. Many of them translate to bpf commands but
there are also special commands like load protocol number into A. There is a
decoder from bpf but I have no clue how it works.
- Those commands are adapted to work with skbuf data.

20.12.13, 04:16, "David Laight" <>":