Re: Processes get stuck in layerfs in NetBSD 6.99.28 i386

On Dec 7, 2013, at 4:16 AM, Aleksej Saushev <asau%inbox.ru@localhost> wrote:

>  Hello,
>
> After updating to current I have problem that some processes get stuck
> on layerfs wchan. <dholland> suggested that it may be have been fixed
> recently, but after updating kernel to the source as of around
> 2013-12-06 05:00:05 MSK I still have the problem:
>
> $ ps -axo pid,wchan,command | awk '$2 == "layerfs"'
>  294 layerfs /usr/bin/find /mnt/packages -type l -name xkbcomp-1.2.4.tgz -prin
>
> This is part of serial (no MAKE_JOBS, not parallelised) bulk build,
> the process runs in chroot environment and the configuration of file systems
> is this:
>
> /dev/wd0a on / type ffs (log, local)
> kernfs on /kern type kernfs (local)
> ptyfs on /dev/pts type ptyfs (local)
> procfs on /proc type procfs (local)
> tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (local)
> /usr/jail/pbulk-data/mnt on /usr/jail/pbulk/mnt type null (local)
> ptyfs on /usr/jail/pbulk/dev/pts type ptyfs (local)

Could you drop to ddb and get the stack trace of this thread and
threads in tstile?

ps /l  gives a thread list with "STRUCT LWP *"
bt /a 0x???????? give a stack trace for this lwp

--
J. Hannken-Illjes - hannken%eis.cs.tu-bs.de@localhost - TU Braunschweig
(Germany)