Re: [patch] put Lua standard libraries into the kernel

Marc Balmer wrote:
> Am 27.11.13 22:23, schrieb Martin Husemann:
>
> > Can't it be a per-state option, passed by luactl when creating the state?
>
> That is actually an excellent idea.  So what should be the default,
> stdlibs enabled or not enabled?

I'm a bit late to join the conversation but I wanted to emphasize one
quite important thing:

Please keep look & feel of plain userspace Lua even in the kernel space.

If you look at NetBSD C code in the kernel, and compare it with some
other's OS kernel code, NetBSD code will likely look more natural.
I hope that one day we can say the same about Lua code in NetBSD.

There is no need to invent new things if they're already provided by the
languange.

So, I don't think we need a special sysctl to control loading of standard
libraries. Lua already gives you luaL_openlibs() and luaL_requiref().

Alex