Re: mpt(4) timeout recovery improvements

        Hello.  An initial review looks pretty good. I want to incorporate
your patch into a reworked version of my original patch which handles more
error conditions and give it a whirl.  If you're amenable, I'll send you a
new diff with the complete set of patches for testing.  If both of us test
good, I think we can commit the fixes and submit pullup requests for
NetBSD-6 and NetBSD-5.
        To answer your specific question, I don't think you've made anything
worse and I don't think you've introduced any new races.
        It will be a little while, i.e. a couple of weeks, before I can
complete this work as I'm in the midst of a different project with a hard
deadline.  However, I'm very interested in seeing fixes for this driver hit
the NetBSD source tree so support for this hardware will be much better
going forward.