Re: hf/sf [Was Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/misc/raspberrypi-userland]

On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 08:38:27PM +0100, Alistair Crooks wrote:

> But in the big picture, having hf and sf versions of a platform's
> userland, in the year 2013, is, well, sub-optimal.  I don't think the

That seems wrong to me.  I don't think in this cases you have
"a platform" -- you have two platforms that happen to be able to run
some of the same code, but which do not share an ABI.

To put it this way, NetBSD on mips can run Ultrix binaries.  Should
we simply declare Ultrix ECOFF the lowest common denominator and run
everything else in emulation rather than native?

Thor