Re: Why do we need lua in-tree again? Yet another call for actual evidence, please. (was Re: Moving Lua source codes)

   Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 09:47:14 +0200
   From: Marc Balmer <marc%msys.ch@localhost>

   And now to give you a practical example what I personally do with lua(4)
   right now:  In the past I wrote several tty line disciplines to decode
   various serial formats.  Now I have a need for that again.  Doing this
   in C is of course possible, but I want something more dynamic.  So I
   wrote a tty line discipline that uses Lua to do all the decoding.  That
   works like a charm:  Load the script, test, change the script and
   reload.  Really practical.  I will release this code once I sorted out a
   few remaining details.  And in the course of this work, I also found
   deficencies in slattach(8).

Please show us the code.  It doesn't have to be perfect, but it has to
be there in order to make a case.