Re: NGROUPS/NGROUPS_MAX

> I need a certain user to be a member of (or, more precisely, have NFS
> access to the data of) more than 16 groups.

> Is it possible to compile a kernel with a raised NGROUPS or
> NGROUPS_MAX?

Of course.  But will it do what you want?

At the very least I expect you'll have to do this on both the NFS
client and NFS server.  Beyond that, there's also the question of the
NFS protocol; I haven't checked whether the NFS code uses
NGROUPS/NGROUPS_MAX or whether it has a separate constant, perhaps even
a directly-specified number.  You may need to change that too.  And, of
course, this is all assuming you don't mind being slightly incompatible
with the rest of the world.

\ / Ribbon Campaign