Re: com(4) and LSI bug workaround

> >> Is it better to revirt right now?
> >
> > Why not?
>
> Done.

Thanks.

> > Your current code doesn't work as expected.
> > You changed the original code without confirmation.
> > Your guess was wrong and the original code looks correct.
>
> hmm...
> This problem influences only ARMADAXP.  And nobody noticed until I
> reported.  Furthermore, the problem of LCR(com.c r1.312) before that
> and nobody reported.  Probably ARMADAXP is not used in many cases.

Probably you should read the commit guideline again and/or
consult your sponsors.

Even if we have few users, leaving a wrong comment like this
http://nxr.netbsd.org/xref/src/sys/dev/marvell/com_mv.c?r=1.6#187
is a quite bad thing.

I agree that the hardware design is quite awful, but
it's documented, not a bug.
---
Izumi Tsutsui