Re: Holtek Semiconductor USB Keyboard

Le 2013-09-26 11:01, Manuel Bouyer a écrit :
On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 10:03:40PM +0000, Frédéric Fauberteau wrote:
Hi,

I had my USB keyboard which was not recognized. It seems to work
fine now.

What do you mean by "not recognized" ?
The attached patch only fixes display, but won't cause it to work better
(it doesn't change which driver it attaches to). Did you change another
file ?

I apologize for this erroneous announcement that is a consequence of my bad knowledge in kernel development.

Effectively my usb keyboard was not attached at boot time whereas my usb mouse was. I naively thought that the ids of a device were useful in the attachment process. In fact, I only succeed to attach this keyboard because I unplugged / replugged it after boot. I now identified the real problem: only the first usb device is attached at boot time. I exhibited that after enabling usb debug in kernel and by swapping the two usb plugs.

I'll now investigate ohci (or something else) to try to debug.

Sorry again,

--
Frédéric Fauberteau