Re: high load, no bottleneck

Edgar Fuß <ef%math.uni-bonn.de@localhost> wrote:

> EF> However, the amount of filesync writes may still be the problem.
> EF> The missing data (for me) is how often your WAPBL journal gets flushed
> ED> How that can be retreived?
> Look at the WAPBL debug output in syslog (which has time stamps).

min: 1 flush/s
max: 6 flush/s
mean: 3.2 flush/s, standard deviation: 0.33

I have no idea wether this is high or low.

> EF> How large are your stripes, btw.?
> ED> It is the sectPerSU in raidctl -s output, right?
> Multiplied by the number of data discs (i.e. discs minus one for level 5).

This is a two-disk RAID 1 with this raidctl -s output
   sectPerSU: 32, SUsPerPU: 1, SUsPerRU: 1
   Queue size: 100, blocksize: 512, numBlocks: 972799936

The answer would therefore be 32 * 2 =64

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz