Re: high load, no bottleneck

EF> How fast can you write to the file system in question?
ED> What test do you want me to perform?
dd if=/dev/zero bs=64k

EF> Does your NFS load include a large amount of small syncrounous (filesync)
EF> write operations?
ED> Yes, I run 24 concurent tar -czf as a test.
But those shouldn't do small synchronous writes, should they?

Anyway, hannken@'s logging patch should reveal if slow log flushing is indeed
the problem.

P.S.: With us, the log flush alingment patch helped a lot, but a bunch of NFS
clients running Thunderbird still locked up the File Server. SQLite loves to do
4k sync writes which kill WAPBL. I ended up writing a system that relocated the
Mozilla profiles to local volatile storage, periodically syncing them to NFS.
Oh, and Dropbox also uses SQLite.