Re: high load, no bottleneck

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 09:48:49PM +0200, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:

> Thank you for saving my day. But now what happens?
> I note the SATA disks are in IDE emulation mode, and not AHCI. This is
> something I need to try changing:

In AHCI mode, you might be able to use ordered tags or "force unit access"
(does SATA have this concept per command?) to force individual transactions
or series of transactions out, rather than flushing out all the data every
time just to get the metadata into the journal on-disk.  But that would
take some work on our ATA subsystem.