re: Unexpected RAIDframe behavior

Parity Re-write is 79% complete.

OK, so this is really more about how parity checking works than
anything else (i guess.)

for RAID1, it reads both disks and compares them, and if one
fails it will write the "master" data.  (more generally, it
reads all disks and if anything fails parity check it writes
corrected parity back to it.)

Ah, so a reboot caused RAIDframe to switch from reconstruction to parity creation. That explains what was going on. However, it makes me wonder if the state of the RAID is not properly being maintained through reboot. I didn't really need all that non-zero data.

Thanks,
John