amr0: bad status (not active; 0x040)

Hi,

on the machine that triggered kern/46053, I get

amr0: bad status (not active; 0x040)

about once per fortnight under regular (mostly NFS server) load.

Now that I am trying to rsync the 1.6 TB data to a new machine, I see
it every 20 GB, with the rsync process stuck in 'D' state. The only way
out is a reboot; usually, the machine is stuck after kernel shutdown,
and requires a HW reset.

My question to those who know their way around the amr(4) driver: Is
there an easy way to reset the controller (with limited collateral
damage) in case of the above message? As it is, the driver appears to
be out of its depth, and the process in question is stuck in limbo.

Otherwise, I'd have to waste a weekend on babysitting the machine
through the sync, pressing reset every 20 mins...

Cheerio,
hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281