Re: Max. number of subdirectories dump

On 08/18/13 15:59, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> As Joerg said, the link count is the limitation here.
Thanks for the clarification. I could have thought of this myself.

> Not sure I understand the question. Are you suggesting that you don't
>  need to scan through all the contents of a directory to find the
> subdirectories?
No, I'm in a step where I just search for subdirectories, other types do not matter here. What I have overlooked, is that dump looks for any entry type. This is why it iterates over the triple indirect blocks. I just look for directory entries (at lest in that step).

I understand now, that I have to iterate through all indirect block levels.

Thanks!