Re: Booting with dk0 root

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 09:44:21PM +0000, John Klos wrote:
> Apparently we can't compile a kernel with netbsd root on dk0 type ffs
> because dk0 isn't something the kernel knows about until later. How does
> one use a gpt wedge as a root filesystem? I'm loading the kernel from a
> CompactFlash but would like the root filesystem to be on a 4 TB drive.

Indeed, this seems not possible at the moment.

I use options DKWEDGE_AUTODISCOVER and DKWEDGE_METHOD_GPT, but this only
"takes over" the bootdevice I already loaded the kernel from, so works
for "config netbsd  root on ? type ?" but not for hardwiring the config
to dk0.

I wonder if you could hardwire it to sd0 instead and dk0 would take it over
from that?

This is a bug and needs to be fixed.

Martin