specific platform check in driver match routine

Hi driver-wranglers,

is there a good way that a match routine can verify it is a running on a certain platform. E.g. isa bus based GPIO registers there are present on a Soekris net6501 only. From dmesg I have only seen that MPBIOS can find the vendor and device information. Do we collect and BIOS/ACPI supplied platform information in an MI way for later persual? I know that ACPI information is available via sysctl, but the Soekris does not supply
any ACPI tables.

I believe verifying that the io ports at 0x680-0x69f actually toggle the GPIO pins is
not really feasable.

Frank