Re: Where is the component queue depth actually used in the raidframe system?

On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 09:56:43PM -0700, Brian Buhrow wrote:

>       Hello.  If I understand Thor's formula right, then a raid set I have
> (raid5) with 4 components, each on a wd(ata) disk, then the correct number
> of outstanding requests should be limited to 4 because it looks like our
> ata drivers only present 1 opening per channel.  However, increasing the

This is a bug in our ATA drivers -- they do not support tagged queueing.

I can't see tying ourselves in knots to work around it trying to optimize
the depth of a queue at a higher level; it may even be easier to fix our
ATA subsystem so it does queueing properly.

Thor